Friday, January 13, 2012 | | By: Trainer

Let's talk about stretching

Hey there, as I said let's talk about stretching.
If you don't wanna get injured while training, you must do some stretching before starting it.
But I don't mean when you just arrive to the gym you must do it. No that's not the way. Always stretch when muscles, joints and tendons are hot, that mean that you have to do some light cardiovascular exercises like biking, walking or running a little before stretching.

Best way for this is gradually stretching to a point of tension that we can hold on. You must note that there is a good stretch but you don't have any discomfort. That's the point you must keep about 20-30 seconds. Don't forget feel pain means that you are injuring yourself, causing micro-tears in your muscles and / or ligaments and possibly deriving a major injury.

It's also good do some stretch exercises when finish a set, i.e when you finish your chest reps, do some chest stretching.
That way you will enlarge muscle gainning some elasticity and muscle tone.


You can see a basic stretching routine at image, but I suggest you talk with the instructor and make an specific one according to your possibilities.


Let me know, do you always stretch before doing some sports, playing basketball, or football?

Many more posts to come soon!

19 comentarios:

InfinitePlans said...

I'm really bad at stretching, it's so boring <.< there's however a great exercise for stretching your back and legs, sit down on the floor, legs straight forward, put one foot on top of the other and reach for it with your hands, hold for a while then change foot.

Admin said...

I agree with @InfinitePlans, I hate stretching and warming up! But it is def a necessary part of getting fit. Personally I stretch on my rest days, and tend to hold the stretch for around 5mins to help tendon creep.

Alex D. said...

Guilty as charged, I hardly ever stretch, though I do try to incorporate it sometimes! haha

speakers4u said...

I would appreciate it if you could write a post about getting rid of lower back pain through stretching. If it's even possible? Thanks anyway!

Weird Funny News

R said...

Sounds pretty interesting!

No said...

Stretching is my favorite part of a workout.

Anonymous said...

I gotta get back into the gym....

Alucard0691 said...

I always stretch before training, it's really helpful, if you want to be able to walk the next day.

NayNaySIXX said...

Best part is the stretching!

sonnema said...

there was a few i didnt know about!
thanks for that.
Im following you on twitter now aswell.

Miki said...

Stretching is one of the most important things before exercise as there have been countless amount of times I've saw people pull muscles just because they were lazy and didn't do any stretches. Nice post.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying this.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this.

hipster.brah said...

Biking before the gym sounds goodto me.

Trainer said...

Glad to see some people here are learning something ;)

Baur said...

I liked that outer thigh workout MAN that felt good!

Chris said...

I breakdance and I have to stretch a lot before I start dancing. Great post, keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

That's kind of interesting, since I've been taught to stretch all muscles before any kind of strenuous activity. Nice tip.

Zap McBlowfist said...

i just watched Rocky 3 and am feeling pumped enough to do some!! :D

Post a Comment